Undergraduate students (2nd year or 3rd year standing and NOT graduating next SY 2012-2013) are enouraged to apply for the one-year student exchange program with U.P. Diliman’s partner universities in Japan and Korea.
1. Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in the university
2. 2nd-3rd year standing or not graduating during AY 2012-2013
3. GWA of 2.0 or better for Korea; GWA of 1.5 or better for Japan
4. (It is a must): Knowledge of Nihongo or Korean (has previously taken language courses or is currently enrolled in a Japanese or Korean language class)
1. Resume with “2×2″ photo
2. Latest True Copy of Grades (TCG)
3. Two (2) Recommendation Letters addressed to:
The Japanese/Korean Exchange Student Screening Committee
Office of Extension Coordination – OVCAA
4. 500-750-word Essay explaining wh you wish to be an exchange student to Japan or Korea
5. Certificate of Enrollment from the College Secretary or photocopy of form5 (1st semester AY 2011-2012)
All application documents must be received no later than 5:00PM on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at the Office of Extension Coordination-OVCAA, DILC Bldg., Apacible St., corner Magsaysay Avenue (near NCTS and Computer Center).
All applicants will undergo a panel interview during the selection process. Scholarship is for one-year exchange only with a batch of successful applicants leaving in April and another batch leaving in September 2012 for Japan, and March 2012 for those selected for Korea.
Scholarship package includes: free tuition, round-trip airfare, and a monthly allowance. Students are also given a chance to work part-time with salary/compensation.
For more information, please visit Ms. Belle Nabor at the Office of Extension Coordination-OVCAA. Contact numbers: 926-6590 or 981-8500 local 2561.