I’ve been anticipating summer vacation ever since I returned to the university. Because of my sudden trip to Taiwan at the beginning of the school year I wasn’t able to actually finish
some a lot of stuff that I wanted to get rid off finish before I get busy with school. Finally I now have more time to do things that I want to do, things that Ive been planning to do, and, hopefully complete, things that I haven’t finished doing.
여름 방학때 뭐 할거에요?
- Run as much errands as I can for my mom. I’ve never been helpful at all at home since the start of the school year.
- Work and earn money as much as I can through my part-time job/s.
- Meet friends that I’ve haven’t seen for a long time.
- Go to the beach! (last summer was so much fun – but that was when I was still earning enough to splurge on a summer vacation >.<)
- STUDY KOREAN!!!
- De-clutter room (organize readings, school notes, scratch papers, drawers and CDs)
- De-clutter laptop files (and at least organize photos, music and playlist… oh and update my KumYoung Noraebang list!)
- Blog (I’ve got a handful of unpublished/unfinished drafts + I think I need to update some pages)
- Decorate my planner (yeah! Its April and I haven’t decorated my planner yet!)
- Watch and re-watch some movies coz I know I won’t be able to watch them once school starts again (my summer list: 잠복근무, S 다이어리, 웨딩드레스, 헬로우 고스트, 권순분 여사 납치사건, 아저씨, 해결사, 500 Days of Summer, Brokeback Mountain)
- Watch and re-watch (and finish) dramas!!! (밤이면 밤마다, 내 이름은 김삼순, 9회말 2아웃, 그들이 사는 새상, 프라하의 연인, 식객 at least)
- Write overdue posts in Suna Unnie’s fancafe (and practice my Korean writing)
- Write long overdue letters and emails to my Korean friends (I wish I’m as good as Archana and Jeanne in keeping in touch with their pen friends. by the way thank you guys for giving me some ideas on what I can send to my friends)
- Update my cellphone’s stuff (wallpapers and tones – ‘coz everybody (at least in our class) has been using 문자왔쑝 and somehow the 우유쏭 doesn’t wake me up anymore)
- Learn Go Stop (and I’ve been saying this for the past 3 years!)
- Advanced readings for my linguistics classes next semester (who am I kidding? :p)
- Start research on a paper that I need to complete next semester
- Finish reading Understand Language
- Update Kim Sun Ah’s soompi page
- Finish subbing projects (My Name Is Kim Sam Soon Hanguel subs, City Hall Commentaries English subs, Me Rain Dance English subs, Good Morning episode English subs)
- Finish Video projects (Finding A Bridge trailer, 2 Kim Sam Soon MVs and a few Noraebang Videos)
- Burn DVDs (for myself and for some friends) and back-up file
Alright, so I know this is a crazy list. I’m sure I won’t be able to accomplish all of these this summer. Especially when I won’t be staying at home all the time because I would have to take a subject this summer and probably even have to work in the Linguistics Department as a student assistant while still keeping my part-time teaching job. But I just want to see how far I can go.
Now, where do I start…?