Last Monday I had a meeting with my 도우미. She corrected my pronunciation a lot. I also memorized more (but not as much as I would really want to). I spent the night on a McDonald’s outlet near the university. I didn’t sleep all night. I finished my Korean classes homework.
Since I didn’t sleep the previous night, I wasn’t very much productive last Tuesday. I attended my classes on that day. Was planning to go home early, get some sleep and memorize some more. But I ended up not going home as early as I want to (because I joined – and won a quiz show sponsored by one of the organizations in our university). I also started scouting for dresses that I can wear for the contest – no success!
I met my 도우미 again. Our 선생님 shoot some video that will be used as a VTR for the contest proper. Then we had lunch together and we just read the script once again. She corrected my pronunciation, this time focusing on my ㅎ (or the lack of it!!!!). And she noticed immediately that I haven’t been practicing much after our last meeting. 😦
Later that same date, I met my Korean play 도우미 and I almost died because of the difficulty of the sentences in our play. I also can’t memorize 5 short lines from the play!
I didn’t practice for the speech. I spent most of my time preparing the stuff needed for our Korean play (!!!) such as powerpoint, music, etc. I really don’t want to dedicate this much time on our play, but I can’t help it. 😦
I met my Korean play 도우미 and it was the same as the other day – no improvement on my part! 😦
I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I can’t memorize anything at all!!! When I thought I have memorized something, after 3 minutes I’ll forget it completely. And I only have a few days left. Last night I was planning to stay up all night and finish all the requirements for the play, my speech powerpoint presentation and practice my play lines. I was only able to accomplish the requirements for the play – then I slept!
Today I’ll dedicate the bulk of my day for the play since it’s going to be our first rehearsal together. Truthfully I still haven’t completely memorized my lines in the play. God help me! My Speech 도우미 would actually go out of town so I was thinking of memorizing the entire speech within this weekend and be ready for her when she returns next week. But her out of town trip was cancelled and she wants to practice with me today too. I’ll be dead when she finds out that I haven’t had much improvement from our last meeting together.
Now let me see how else can I save my life before March 4.
- Prepare and memorize Korean play lines before the actual rehearsal (2hrs left)
- Rehearse Korean play the entire day.
- Script reading with Korean speech 도우미
- Write a report for a linguistics subject
- Final practice for my Korean play
- Finish my Powerpoint for the Speech contest
- Read/memorize my speech some more
- Memorize speech the entire day – alone
- Was thinking of inviting my Korean 도우미 over to practice with her???
- Continue practicing speech in the morning
- Submit powerpoint to 선생님
- go out with friends (!)
- prepare for an exam the next day
- prepare for the upcoming sociolinguistics exam
- write and FINISH a loooong paper!
- before the end of the day, I should have memorized (and is comfortable) EVERYTHING already!
- practice, practice, practice
- prepare for a major exam
- practice, practice, practice
Hmm, it looks like I still have a decent number of days left. I should stop panicking and start working. Hopefully I’ll be really productive for the next few days. Off to rehearsals now!